January 14th, 2022
Dear Centennial Families,
We wanted to share the information we have so far to ensure a safe return to in-person learning on Monday, January 17, 2022.
New School Screener
- Covid-19 School Screening
- All staff and students must use this updated school screening tool daily before coming to school
- If the screening tool indicates that your child may go to school, please initial next to the appropriate date on the WRDSB Student Screening Confirmation Form and give the form to your child to bring to school.
- School staff will verify that the form has been initialed.
- Students must wear masks when at school, including arrival and departure times and when riding the bus. Students may remove their masks when eating their lunch.
- We request all parents to wear masks when on school property.
- Please refrain from sending a buff as a mask for your child. Please send your child with several properly fitted, non-medical or cloth masks each day. Students wearing buffs will be asked to wear school provided masks.
- Make sure your child has a refillable water bottle each day.
- If you borrowed a device and/or charger, other than the one your child was assigned at the start of the school year, please have your child return it to their teacher on Monday, January 17th, 2022.
Nutrition Breaks and Outdoor Play
- During Nutrition Breaks students will remain with their cohort. We will have Health and Safety measures in place such as, open windows, reduction in student movement and frequent hand sanitizing
- Students will stay in their cohorts during Nutrition Breaks and outdoor time.
Rapid Antigen Tests
- The Ontario Government announced that they will be providing school boards with 3.9 million rapid antigen tests this week, with additional tests to be delivered next week.
- The use of the tests is for symptomatic individuals, who will be required to take two rapid tests 24-48 hours apart. Upon negative results, the student can return to class.
- More details will be provided to Centennial families when they are available
- Centennial has HEPA filters deployed in our congregated classrooms and library
- For more information on ventilation in our schools, please visit our Ventilation in WRDSB Schools web page.
- All extra-curricular activities are on pause for now.
- Curricular activities within a cohort can continue using existing COVID-19 safety measures
We are looking forward to seeing all staff and students on Monday, January 17, 2022!
Categories: All Posts