September 14th, 2015
Notice of Public Meeting #2
West Waterloo Elementary Schools Boundary Study
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
7:00 – 8:30 P.M.
Abraham Erb Public School, Gymnasium
710 Laurelwood Drive, Waterloo
The West Waterloo Elementary Schools Boundary Study involves Abraham Erb, Cedarbrae, Centennial (Waterloo), Edna Staebler, Laurelwood and Mary Johnston Public Schools and Vista Hills Public School (new September 2016). The goal of this study is to establish the boundary for the new Vista Hills Public School and address the program and accommodation needs of the West Waterloo community. The objectives of the study include:
• Increasing the number of classes instructed in permanent classrooms.
• Providing equitable learning opportunities for students and staff by using the school size criteria outlined in Board Policy 3002 – Elementary School Size and Configuration.
• Increasing the number of students within a safe walking distance to their assigned school.
PURPOSE OF THE PUBLIC MEETING:
• To share and gather feedback on the preferred school boundary options and school organizations for all seven schools.
• To share and gather feedback on the proposed timing and implementation of the changes.
• To answer questions and discuss concerns from parents and members of the community.
It is important to note that no decisions have been made and no changes will happen before September 2016.
The meeting will consist of a short presentation, followed by an Open House. The presentation will begin at 7:00 PM. Board staff will be available to discuss the options being presented and answer questions.
FURTHER INFORMATION: Including agendas, presentations and minutes of the Boundary Study Working Group can be obtained by visiting www.wrdsb.ca/planning or by contacting the Board’s Planning Department at 519-570-0003 ext. 4419. Comments related to this study can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate “West Waterloo” in the subject line).
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS: Should you require special accommodations in order to participate in this meeting, please contact Andrea Kean at 519-570-0003 ext. 4419 or by email to email@example.com
Categories: All Posts