August 30th, 2016
Our First Week at Centennial this year is going to be vibrant, exciting and different. On Tuesday morning, all students will assemble in the gym after the entry bell. Parents are asked to allow their child to enter the building on their own. Class lists will not be posted prior to entry. Students will sit facing the stage and will hear about the activities for the first week. The goals for the first week are as follows:
Learning Goals for first week:
- Team building
- Inspire students to build a positive and respectful community emphasizing inclusivity (and give them ideas on how to do this)
- Become familiar with routines and expectations (classroom & school wide)
Teachers will then call together their Pride groups and go to meeting rooms to begin team building activities.
Things to note:
- Students will be divided into “Pride” groups consisting of approximately 20-25 students rather than homerooms for the first day of school.
- Pride groups will consist of Gr. 7s and Gr. 8s, Core and Immersion students.
- Each teacher will be responsible for a Pride Group.
- Students will assemble with their homerooms for the first time on the second day of school.
There will be times when students will be physically active during the first day of school so please wear comfortable, active clothing.
Categories: All Posts