October 18th, 2017
It’s time to show your Canadian pride, WRDSB fam. We are creating a brand new O Canada video – and we want you to be the star.
You can be a part of a brand new national anthem video that will showcase the amazing talents of our students, teachers and parents.
We want to give you a chance to share your talent in this unique project by singing the national anthem for us to edit into a video that we can use for public board committee meetings, Remembrance Day, system leaders meetings and many more events.
So, grab a bunch of Timbits, your warmest wool sweaters, and your friendliest neighbourhood Moose and have some fun! We are an extremely diverse school district and we want YOU to showcase that.
Want to participate?
Record a video, in landscape, of you or a group singing O Canada in English or French. You can record the video on a computer, tablet, phone or hand-held camera.
Here’s what we think would look great:
Feel free to share it with us on social media using the hashtag #WeSingOCanada and don’t forget to tag @wrdsb.
The deadline for entries is 4 p.m. on Friday, November 10, 2017.
If your video is chosen for the final edit, we will get in touch with you and your parent/caregiver (if you are under 18) to check we have permission to use your image.
- Be creative! Feel free to dress up in your most Canadian gear or sing in your first language.
- Make sure you have plenty good light when you shoot the video but if you’re going to shoot right next to a window, make sure your back is not to the window or we won’t be able to see you.
- Make sure you’re in a quiet place so we get great sound.
- Wait for five seconds after you hit record and before you start singing. Do the same at the end – wait a little bit before you end the recording. We need this to make a smooth edit.
- If it’s just you singing, get a friend to hold the camera for you (unless you want that selfie vibe).
Rules and Regulations
1) GENERAL: To participate in the “#WeSingOCanada” video campaign conducted by the Waterloo Region District School Board, you can upload your video using our online video submission page or through our Facebook page. Entries are only valid when submitted with your full name, age and school.
2) ELIGIBILITY: The “#WeSingOCanada” video campaign is open to our entire WRDSB community – schools, worksites, students, staff and families.
3) CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: Your Submission must NOT contain material which is sexually explicit or suggestive, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing, or promotes the use of illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons or any other activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous. Your Submission must NOT contain any derogatory references.
4) PERMISSIONS: If your video is chosen for the final edit, we will get in touch with you and your parent/caregiver (if you are under 18) to check we have permission to use your image.
Categories: All Posts