February 27th, 2020
On February 26, Phase 6 of the Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario (ETFO) work-to-rule came into effect.
For this phase, elementary teachers and education workers who are members of ETFO will not:
- Provide any coverage for absent members, regardless of the reason for the absence. Except in the case of an occasional teacher hired to replace an absent teacher.
- Miss their regularly scheduled planning or preparation time
- Spend personal money to purchase instructional materials or resources for students or classrooms.
- Upload student data related to assessments to board systems.
ETFO indicated that there will be a two-week pause on province-wide and board strike days. If no agreement is reached centrally with the province by March 6, 2020, ETFO will begin Phase 7 of work-to-rule. We will share more information as it becomes available on March 7.
We understand these changes will be frustrating for our students and families As always, our priority remains the safety of our students and their learning.
We will continue to do our best to keep you informed of any future changes as we want you to understand the status of our schools during any labour action. We continue to monitor the situation and its impact on elementary students and our families and will keep you updated as the situation changes.
For information updates please:
- Visit our Labour website and subscribe to receive updates;
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Use the Labour Updates button on the WRDSB and school websites
Categories: All Posts