March 26th, 2020
We are proud to announce that content is now available for students on the WRDSB@Home portal. Please click through, select the subject you want to learn about, then select your child’s grade.
You will find age-appropriate, high-quality learning materials and support for your family’s consideration to allow you to supplement the Ministry Learn at Home resources and personalize your child’s learning. Please know, you are not alone in this and we are here for you.
We are still adding content, so please continue to check back over the coming days for new learning resources from the WRDSB.
It’s important to remember that any work suggested by your child’s teacher at this time should be considered optional, and no assessments or grades will be recorded.
WRDSB is offering suggestions for learning opportunities for those who wish to engage. As we are all trying to navigate this time the best way we can, here are some things for families to keep in mind:
- You do not need to replicate ‘school’ especially if this is causing stress for you and/or your children
- You are not teachers, you are parents – don’t put pressure on yourself
- The well-being of you and your family is the most important factor right now
- Learning happens everywhere – not just at a desk or table
- Learning happens through inquiry and play – your everyday activities (cooking, laundry, etc) can be great learning opportunities
- Focus on supporting skills that are key to children’s future success such as:
- Creativity – using their imagination, asking questions, problem-solving, sticking with a problem;
- Communication skills – sharing ideas, listening to others, asking questions;
- Healthy living – physical and mental health
Categories: All Posts