August 18th, 2020
This week, we are offering families an opportunity to revisit their responses to the Confirmation of Attendance form and offering those who missed the deadline a chance to make their selection. Please note: for those families who have already responded and submitted the form, the most recently submitted form will be used to confirm your spot in the selected learning method.
Families have until Friday, August 21 at 4:00 pm to complete this form and provide their final decision.
We are asking families to lock-in their decision prior to the Friday deadline, as time is needed to assess staffing implications, determine programming and assessment cycles, transportation schedules and build cohorts.
If you have any questions while updating or completing this form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Student Registration Deadlines
To ensure students are placed in a program cohort by September 8, 2020, families who are new to WRDSB schools are encouraged to register by August 31, 2020. Please refer to the online registration process (if the student has not previously attended with our board) or reach out to email@example.com for assistance. Please note, walk-in appointments cannot be accommodated under current Health and Safety guidelines.
Students registered after August 31, 2020 will be placed in a distance learning program cohort (Cohort C or D) as quickly as possible. Should a family wish for their child to attend in person, this transition will occur at defined points in the school year, which are outlined below.
Transitioning Between In-Person and Distance Learning
For those families who would like to transition between in-person and distance learning, this option will be available to them at natural transition points throughout the school year. There are health and safety, transportation and staffing implications to requested changes and so we will need to respond in a way that maintains stability and consistency in the learning environment for our students, our staff, and our school communities. As always, in unique circumstances and on compassionate grounds, with the best interests of students and families in mind, we will accommodate family and student requests where we are able and in as timely a fashion as possible.
Over the course of the school year, where families would like to make a change to their child’s mode of learning, we would encourage you to reach out to the Principal of your child’s school by the deadlines outlined below. For Elementary students, there are two transition points. For Secondary students, this option will be available at the end of each quadmester.
- Start date of new mode of learning: November 10
- The deadline for families to request a change to their child(ren)’s mode of learning will be October 23
- Start date of new mode of learning: February 3
- The deadline for families to request a change to their child(ren)’s mode of learning will be January 15
In secondary there will be three possible transition dates:
- November 16 | Quadmester 2
- The deadline for families to request a change to their child(ren)’s mode of learning for quadmester 2 will be October 23
- February 4 | Quadmester 3
- The deadline for families to request a change to their child(ren)’s mode of learning for quadmester 3 will be January 15
- TBD | Quadmester 4
- The start date for quadmester 4 and deadline to request a change to their child(ren)’s mode of learning will be communicated at a later date.
Categories: All Posts