December 30th, 2021
Today, the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Kieran Moore announced the reopening of schools will be delayed until Wednesday, January 5, to provide schools with more time to prepare for the public health measures announced today.
The Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB) is looking forward to welcoming students back to in-person learning on January 5, 2022. We understand this delay may cause stress and inconvenience for students and families, and we thank you for your patience. As always, the health and safety of our students and staff is our highest priority.
What you need to know:
- Elementary and secondary schools will reopen to in-person learning on Wednesday, January 5, 2022.
- Remote Learning Programs will also begin on January 5, 2022.
- Staff will be expected to report to work on January 3, 2022 and more details on this will be shared with staff when they become available.
- Before and after school programs (Extended Day Programs) will also reopen on January 5, 2022.
- Childcare centres located in WRDSB schools for children 0 to 4 will remain open on January 3 and 4, 2022.
We will share more information regarding the latest COVID-19 public health measures and how they apply to you as soon as we have further details.
Keeping You Informed
Find out what we know as soon as we know it:
- Subscribe to our website at www.wrdsb.ca to receive updates
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Categories: All Posts