November 2nd, 2022
November 2-9 is Holocaust Education Week (HEW). The theme this year for Neuberger Holocaust Education Week 2022 is The Future Is Here. Learning about this historical event is critical in countering antisemitism and other forms of hate.
Commemorating HEW Enables Us To:
- Understand key concepts including democracy, dictatorship, collaboration and genocide.
- Acknowledge the dire consequences of hatred and discrimination.
- Better equip ourselves to fight intolerance, prejudice and antisemitism today.
- Recognize the survivors, heroes, and those who lost their lives.
Learning Opportunities for Families and Students
Families and students can access online resources and digital programs through The Holocaust Education Centre. These include:
Contemporary Antisemitism and Exploration of Online Hate
This 90-minute discussion focuses on the misuses of social media, including:
- The promotion of Holocaust denial online
- How co-opted symbols are used in hate speech and rhetoric
Online Learning Opportunities
Recommended for Grade 6 to 12 students
Families and students may also access The Holocaust Education Centre’s online resources for continued learning opportunities. Through these virtual experiences, you can:
- Hear directly from survivors
- Examine artifacts and objects
- Learn little known facts about the Holocaust
This year’s programming will also feature in-person lectures, panels and live performances.
Categories: All Posts