November 16th, 2020
We are committed to providing a safe, caring and inclusive learning environment for all students – each and every one. Ontario’s Bullying Awareness and Prevention Week runs from November 15 to 21, 2020. This week is an opportunity for us all to reinforce clear and positive messages that bullying is not acceptable in our schools and communities.
We believe that everyone has a responsibility to stop bullying behaviour. We encourage parents and guardians to get involved with bullying prevention and have provided some helpful resources below.
Our Bullying Prevention Policy sets a clear tone that bullying will not be tolerated in our schools. We believe that every student has the right to feel safe at school and be treated with respect and dignity.
Help us put a stop to bullying. Visit the below resources to learn how:
- Safe, Caring Inclusive Schools (WRDSB)
- Bullying Prevention/Intervention (WRDSB)
- School Climate and Well-Being (WRDSB)
- Bullying Awareness & Prevention Week Questions and Answers (Ministry of Education)
- Safe Schools: Preventing Bullying and Harassment (Ministry of Education)
- Information for Families About Cyberbullying (Ministry of Education)
- Violence, Bullying and Abuse Prevention (Canadian Red Cross)
- What Parent Need to Know (PREVNet)
- Cyberbullying Hurts: Respect for Rights in the Digital Age (Senate Canada)
- Supporting Your Gender Diverse Child (Egale Canada)
Categories: All Posts